February Wrap Up



source
     So we have finally reached the end of this years BLACK HISTORY MONTH, but I'm black all year round, but that's another story. I am very proud of the books that I've read this month, and I'm happy to see more people participating in #READSOULLIT on Instagram. I love seeing all the pictures. And commenting on all the photos, it's been a great month.

  This month, I actually read what was on my TBR! I know I can hardly believe it myself. But I read some really great books this month and I also read some just okay, so-so books, which typically happens.  Looking back at the picture that I posted in my February TBR post, I read 6 of the books in the photo, two of the books on my if these aren't hitting it list (Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins and Lawful Deception by Pamela Samuels Young) and another Beverly Jenkins book, Destiny's Embrace.
    I forgot how much I actually love reading her Historical Romance novels. On Valentine's Day +Audible hosted a #AuthorizedChat on Sex and Romance with Beverly Jenkins (@authorMsBev) and two other authors on twitter where she discussed her writing methods and why she considered herself a "kitchen table historian." I'm not sure if it was all the love in the air, but I definitely plan on reading more of her romance novels this year. Two down, many more to go.
     Sad to see this month go, but it just gives me a year to read more books to be able to share next year when this time comes around. I can't even tell you how many books have been added to my ever growing TBR since the start of this month. Down below I put some of the pictures from my Instagram that I've posted. I tried to do most of the challenges, but life got in the way. To all those who happen upon this page and see this and wish to add some diversity to their shelves, I highly suggest that you take a look at this hashtag, and do some research on the books you see. You can find black authors in EVERY GENER of writing, and I have no doubts that you will find something that you will love, if not enjoy.
 Let me know what you read in the month of February👇down below👇. If you participated in #readsoullit let me know some books that you have added to your TBR. What was your favorite book of this month? I think my two favorites were definitely Beautiful, Dirty, Rich by JD Mason and The Living Blood by Tananarive Due. 



More pictures from this months #READSOULLIT photo challenge from my Instagram page:

source





PEACE ✌
source




Comments

Popular Posts