Tuesday Talks- Favorite Female Authors

   Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads group run by Janie at the Bookworms Buddy and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads and every Tuesday they have a new topic for us to discuss and this week the topic is:

Favorite Female Authors

     I have a few favorite female authors and most of them are my auto buy authors. I also tend to read a lot of books by female authors, but I haven't read enough by them to add them to this list, so if you don't see someone hit me up below and I'll see if I have ever read anything by them. But here is my list of my favorite female authors and a short reason why I like them so much. I HIGHLY SUGGEST you check them out of yourself. 

J.D. Robbhas recently hit the list with her In Death Series, I just love the way it makes me feel when I read them. I love a strong woman police officer, but sometimes they don't always hit the mark. For Example I like the Women's Murder Club by James Patterson and Co. but I like these books more. They are set in the future, 2059 or so and reading these books gives me that Blade Runner feeling which I can't get enough of and the audiobooks are spot on.

Charlaine Harris: I am a HUGE Sookie Stackhouse fan, and I have recently set out to re-read the entire Sookie Series (as of today, 4/26/17 I am on book 12 in the series, Deadlocked) And I am so happy that I decided to read them again. One I get to realize how different they are some the it's TV adaptation, but how much I love all the characters in this series. Quinn, the were-tiger, would have made a great show if it was adapted properly.

Octavia E. Butler: Is a newer addition, I read Kindred and as of today am about 40% done with Fledgling, and other hit of hers. I love how unapologetic her characters are. Even in Fledgling, the youthfulness of Shori, doesn't stop her from being a woman and exploring her sexuality and all that in tells, even if the images it brings isn't one "normal" people think about.

Nnedi Okorafor: I fell in love with Akata Witch as soon as I read the back of the book. Since then I have read five works by her and I just love them. What I like the most about her writing is that they take place in Africa, Nigeria mostly. And the fact they are Sci-fi in nature is what really has me excited to pick up more from her.

Tess Gerritsen I love her Rizzoli & Isles Series. When I was pregnant with my daughter in Japan, I found I had some extra time on my hands and since I didn't have TV I couldn't catch up on the show, so I read ALL the books instead. I love them so much I found my daughters name in one of the books. She was a murder victim, but the name was still beautiful and I will forever be reading these books until she decides to stop writing them.

Amy Tan - The Joy Luck Club touched my heart.  That is all.

Bernice L. McFaddenI can't read her books fast enough lol. They might not all have happy endings the ones that I have read from her don't but they do touch my soul, and have at times made me cry. Her books span time and also cover a wide range of taboos in the black community and also the heartbreaks that come with loving in some no so well to do areas. I love reading her books, forever an auto buy author.

Tananarive DueI love her style, and the African Immortals series is one of my favorites. The first books from her that I read was actually Casanegra, a Tennyson Hardwick book and it was okay, gave it three stars, check out my review here. But then I picked up My Soul to Keep and it was a done deal. 

Valerie Wilson Wesley: My mother set me on her path, and I have read a good chunk of her catalog and I can't get say how much I really love her books. Tamara Hayle is probably on of my favorite Female PI's. 

Beverly Jenkins: Her historical romances are THE BEST!!!

Honorable mentions: 
Britt Bennett, Meg Cabot, Jennifer Latham, Tiffany McDaniel, V.E. Schwab, Pamela Samuels Young,  and J.K. Rowling. 

     That's all that I can think of, but this since I am prone to read my books by females than I males, I'm sure I'll have some more to add to this list in the years to come. Latas! 

PEACE✌

Comments

Popular Posts