JULY BOOK HAUL📚

     Thanks to BOTM, The Goodwill and Half-Price Books I got a pretty decent haul for this month. Lets start with my books from Book of the Month Club. For July I picked two that I saw that really caught my eye. Final Girls by Riley Sager and Hunger by Roxane GayFinal Girls sounds like something that would be a Scream "like" book and I'm here for it. Now when will I really be picking up said book? I don't know, but I have it, I'm excited to read it.

     Since my husband has come back from a long deployment we had some clothes to give away, some summer cleaning, more so of his old clothes we packed up and dropped off at the Goodwill and I found some books that I had been trying to keep an eye out for but haven't been put in a position to pick them up: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, and Blockade Billy by Stephen King.  All these books costs me no more than 10 bucks. I have already read A Monster Calls last year right before the movie came out, still haven't seen it, but I really enjoyed the book. It was pretty sad, but I can see the importance of reading it.

     On our two week vacation to Cleveland I stopped by the closest HPB and found some gems that once again I had been on the look out for but not really making any strides in picking them up. Breaking Ice: An Anthology of Contemporary African American Fiction edited by Terry McMillan, Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler, City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, and The Complete Adventures of Charlie and Mr. Willy Wonka, James and the Giant Peach, and Fantastic Mr. Fox all by Roald Dahl. My main objective was to find some Roald Dahl books (mainly The Witches) so when I found these three I was still happy. Having been currently reading JATGP at the time, it just seemed right to pick it up knowing that I was really loving what I was reading.

      Okay that's all for me folks. If you have read any of these books let me know down below!

Laters!

 
   

  PEACE ✌
     

Comments

Popular Posts