👻 OCTOBER TBR 👻

     Hello, hello, hello October! Is it just me or has this year gone by really, really fast? So you know what that means? It's time to dip into my more scarier reads on my shelves. Its time for horror, thriller, supernatural reads and I'm kinda pumped. I think I have picked out some good ones and one re-read for the month, but I'm getting a little a head of myself. I have 13(oooooo 👻 spooky) books that I would like to get to this month and without anymore talking, lets get to it. These are in no particular order they are just what I would love to read this month and maybe even spill over into November.
     Mind of My Mind by Octavia E. Butler is the second book in the Seeds to Harvest series which I started last month and let me tell you, I was happily shocked on how much I enjoyed that first book. A shapeshifting woman, a bodiless man and the pull back and forth relationship between the two of them is so crazy so I'm just taking this four part series one month at a time.  
     The Moon Tells Secrets by Savanna Welles, a pen name for Valerie Wilson Wesley, I have read her other paranormal/romance book When the Night Whispers and this is her other standalone book. It is a story about a young mother and her son who happens to be a shapeshifter and they are on the run from someone who is trying to kill them. I'm pretty excited about this one knowing very little about it and I'm okay with that, I love her writing anyway. Mrs. Welles can write very full characters and I have a thing for shapeshifters/werewolves, so it's a win/win for me. 
      Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel Jose Older and two of his novellas in the Shadowshaper Cipher are GOING TO BE READ this month! I'm personally tired of seeing them on my TBR list I just need to go ahead and finish this off. I'll be sad when it's done, but I'm sure it for the better lol.
     Akata Witch and Akata Warrior by Nnedi Okorafor, this is where my re-read for the month comes in, I have been waiting for this book to come out ever since I read the first book last year. In fact it was one of my favorite reads of 2016. Waiting for this book to come in the mail has seriously been a test of my patients. In the first book we meet Sunny and we follow her on her adventures I have a posted a review of this fantastic book on my Goodreads and you can read it here. So now that the second book has come out, it is taking all of me not to just jump straight into this 500 page book. And the cherry on top of my fucking Sunday is that word on the streets is that there is going to be a third book in the series! 
      Midnight Crossroads and Day Shift by Charlaine Harris are the first and second books in her Midnight, Texas series, about a psychic name Manfred is on the run is told to go to Midnight where the people there will treat him like family. But this town is not what you think it is. I have seen the first couple of episodes of the television show on Hulu, but I told myself that I wouldn't get too into it until I have read more than half of this trilogy. Being a huge fan of the True Blood franchise and the Sookie Stackhouse books (which are my favorites so far by her) It was a no brainer for me to go ahead and pick this series up next.
     The Silkworm and Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith are books two and three in the Cormoran Strike series. I'm about 75% done with The Silkworm already and I'm very happy that I continued on with the series after having a major issue with the cover of the first book and it's relation to the character Lula Landry. Nevertheless, I love the dynamic between Robin and Strike and I love the slow burn this mystery takes. Now, I'm not going to lie, sometimes slow burners don't make the cut with me, but I think because I enjoy the characters so much it just works so well!! Also the next two or three episodes of Strike have aired and I just need to catch up, if you haven't watched the show I would highly suggest that you do especially if you really enjoyed the books. Another cherry on this ever growing Sunday is that the fourth book in this series is on the way and I don't want to be left behind.
     Sleeping Beauties by both Stephen King and Owen King is the biggest book I have on my list this month and this one wasn't on my radar until I really went and look what it was about and my goodness. Women falling asleep and something is happening to them and I can't wait to dig into this one. I can't say much because I like to go into his books as blind as possible to experience the whole idea as fresh as possible.
     The Dark Half another Stephan King book that I want to read this month, reading the synopsis of this book, it reminds me of something in the  Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde realm which is great for this season. And the movie is also available on Hulu so this will be another great book/movie comparison. And I love the whole Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde plot idea. I think the short story by Robert Louie Stevenson is a classic for a reason.
     Geralds's Game yet another King book is now a Netflix original movie. And of course, being who I am I can't just watch the movie without reading the book first. But I hope it is just as thrilling and flipping wild as I think it will be. A woman is handcuffed to her bed and her husband lies dead on the floor and she is trapped out in the wilderness somewhere. That's all I need to know and want to know about this book.

     Strange Weather by Joe Hill (one of my favorite writers) is probably the last book that I plan on reading this month, but since it comes out at the end of this month this is that book that might spill over into November, but that's okay. This newest book contains four short books all in one, and I'm not sure if they all have a connecting theme, but it hardly matters. I'm reading it anyway lol. I have it pre-ordered and since I have a lot to get to before it comes to me I guess I should hurry and wrap this up so I can go read.
     That's all for me folks, I hope you have some good reads lined up for this month. I'm thinking of doing the Spookathon hosted by BooksandLala and two other booktubers. It's from the 16th to the 22nd, but I'm not sure. I think due to the length of some of the books I've chosen It might be hard to do, but I might try. It's seven full days with 5 challenges. And they are:

1. Read a thriller (doable)
2. Read a book with a spooky word in the title (doable)
3. Read a book with a childhood fear
4. Read a book with orange on the cover (doable)
5. Read a book set somewhere spooky (doable)
     Looking at the list of challenges and my books most are doable, might have to push a bit to read a book in a day. Let me know if you are participating in this readathon or another readathon this month.  If you see any books you want to buddy read with me, hit me up. 
PEACE✌

Comments

Popular Posts