AUGUST TBR



   WTF am I thinking? I said to take it slow and now I've got more than 10 books that I "think" I'm going to read during the month of August. I must be crazy. Most of these are library books which is why I think they are on my list for this month, because I didn't get around to them last month or they just recently became available to me. Either way I'll definitely have my hands full. So lets get to it, shall we?

     I was so excited when I was in HPB and found a copy of Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler (book 1 in the Earthseed series) that there was NO WAY in all of God's green that I was going to leave without that in my hands. And funny enough it was going to be my next series of her's that I was going to read anyway. I thought it was a win/win for me.

     Pleasantville by Attica Locke is the second book in the Jay Porter series. After reading this one, I will have read all of Ms. Locke's published books until her new book, Bluebird, Bluebird is released later this year.

     Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor has been sitting on my shelves for a while now and after hearing the news that this, with the help of George R.R. Martin as executive producer, is turning this book into an HBO series.

     Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill is the second to last book of Joe's that I have on my shelves unread. Once again I'm trying to get through his books before his newest book Strange Weather. 

     City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is the first book in the Mortal Instrument series. I don't know what has come upon me lately but I have binge watched the television show and I just need to get myself in gear and just go and read the series. I know that it is pretty loved, I can think of one book tuber in particular who has a very extensive collection of shadowhunter/mortal instruments memorabilia. I'm a fan of the series and I hope I like the series as much as I like the show and movie.

     My Soul to Take by Tananarive Due, I've spoken about this one before. I will finish this one this month and be done another series. <--clearly stating this as a pledge to myself than to you dear reader lol but I am excited to see how this series ends. Sooooo much has gone on since the start of this series, so much growth and death I love it.

     Orange by Ichigo Takano is a manga series that I have been meaning to get to for a while now and it wasn't till I watched a youtube video by SkinnyGirlFatHair about the series and how much she loved it so I've added it to my stack.

     The next set of book are those that are strictly on my kindle to read and three of them are those library books that I was talking about.


     Dying for Revenge by Eric Jerome Dickey is the third book in the Gideon series and the first two were crazy good, I figured it was time to pick this series back up again.

     New Boy by Tracy Chevalier is part of the Hogarth Shakespeare series, which consist of about 7 books by varies authors taking on and giving new life to Shakespeare plays. New Boy is a spin on the play Othello. I love watching and listening to Shakespearean plays and one of my favorite books by Tracy Chevalier is the Girl with a Pearl Earring. I have high hopes for this one.


     Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz is a book that I had heard on the Bookriot Podcast, Read or Dead where Rincey, who I love to watch her youtube videos, had recommended this book and I have finally come up in the queue.  I haven't had the best of luck with Agatha Christie herself, I find her writing to be a little slow, so a book that is told to be is a similar formula, while I am apprehensive I'm still pumped.

     City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare is the second book in the Mortal Instruments series. I have not a clue as to what happens in this next installment cause I have just started the first one.


     YES, so let me know what you'll be reading in the month of August, let me know if you have read any of these books or listen to this podcast or another ones that you listen to I'm always looking for something new to add to my stack. Till next time.

PEACE✌✌


Comments

Popular Posts