BOOK → TV NEWS

     Two of my favorite Sci-Fi writers are finally getting some TV love. And I am here for both of them and I have high hopes yes, but at the same time I don't want to get myself too pumped and be let down but I'm going to live in this great news and spread the joy that it is with you, dear reader.
FULL TOR.COM ARTICLE HERE
     Ava DuVernay, as you can see from the screen shot of the article here, is set to bring Dawn book one in the Xenogenesis Trilogy by Octavia E. Butler to a television screen near you very soon. I had read the Xenogenesis Trilogy earlier this year and at first I wasn't sure if I had enjoyed the series but after finishing all three and sitting back and reflecting on it. I can honestly say that it was one of the most interesting and thought out brilliant concepts in a science fiction and I loved it. I highly recommend it by the way.  And now to see it come to life on my TV screen. Ahhhh!

FULL EW.COM ARTICLE HERE
    Earlier last week/late last month we also received news that Nnedi Okorafor's Who Fears Death series is also getting turned into a television show on HBO and George RR Martin is going to be an executive producer. The Book of Phoenix (book #0.1) and Who Fears Death are some of the last books by Dr. Okorafor that I have yet to read, but if it is anything like I think it is and with the assistance of Mr. Martin, I have no doubt that THIS SERIES IS GOING TO BE FANTASTIC.

     No lie I'm having a serious blerd moment here #blackgirlmagic #afrofuturistic.


     Side note: Two other series have just made the jump from book to screen and I plan on watching are:

1. Mr. Mercedes based off the Bill Hodges Trilogy by Stephen King is said to air on Audience, an AT&T channel. You can check out my review for the first book here. Great series, I would recommend it, especially the second book Finders Keepers.

2. Also, The Cuckoo's Calling, by the lovely J.K. Rowling is soon to premiere on BBC One August 27th at 9 pm. The show is called Strike after the main character Cormoran Strike. 

What a time to be alive.

Comments

Popular Posts