On Goodreads, my trusty book companion, I have set my goal this year of 100 books. Now I know that that MIGHT sound crazy for some, but I have been able to read over 100 books for the pass two years with ease. Originally, I wanted to set my goal a little low, but I figure, why not right? Go big or go home.
Since I have set my reading goal of 100 I have also set some goals within those 100 books that I wish to achieve this year:
- Read 5 nonfiction books (not my go to genre, but I have a few in mind)
- Read one Bernice McFadden book a month (last year I read four of her books and she quickly became of of my of favorite new authors.)
- Read 5 big books (and I mean books over 400 pages) (3 out of 5 done)
- I want to finish a series or two (or as many as I can)
- Read one Toni Morrison book
- Read one Gloria Naylor book
- Read one Zora Neale Hurston book ✔
- Read one Nalo Hopkins book
- Read more Science Fiction (by POC)
- Read more Fantasy (by POC)
- Keep up with my Comics and Manga
- Read at least two English Classics
- Read the next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series ✔
- Finish the Easy Rawlins Series
- Take part in some read-a-thons (#ReadSoulLit ✔, #MarchMysteryMadness, etc.
- Review most of the books that I read (which isn't too hard since I do that anyway with Goodreads.)
- Participate in Top 5 Wednesday
- Participate in Tuesday Talks
- Anticipated book releases
- Manga Monday (something of my own creation?)
But slow and steady wins the race right?