Tuesday Talks- Favorite Series

     Tuesday Talks is a Goodreads group run by Janie at the Bookworms Buddy and Janelle at MrsJRodsReads and every Tuesday they have a new topic for us to discuss and this week the topic is:
Show your favorite book series:

Alex Cross Series by James Patterson


Source 
     I was given the first book by my father many a moon ago and I'm still a fan to this day. This series follows a man named Dr. Alex Cross and he is employed by DCPD as a detective and has worn many hats in this series that has spanned more than 24 books. This is my longest running series where there have been three movies (two starring Morgan Freeman and one with Tyler Perry) created. It's a police procedural series where there is no shortage of action, suspense and serial killers.With catchy titles such as Roses are Red and Violets are Blue you'll find yourself flying through these books one short chapter at a time.


Rizzoli & Isles Series by Tess Gerritsen


Source
     I was first a fan of the television series, but when I had to travel overseas I no longer had the luxury of keeping up with the television show. I had found out later that it was based on a series of books and I was hooked. I used the time I had after work to download and read the first eight books of the series. This is also a ongoing series with book number 12 coming out this year (see my anticipated 2017 releases post).This series follows the friendship that blooms between a Boston police detective named Jane Rizzoli and medial examiner Dr. Maura Isles as they take on criminals in the greater Boston area. 


source
     The Vernetta Henderson series is by far my favorite of legal thrillers! Vernetta is a high power attorney who in the beginning is employed at this huge law office and when she is passed over as partner in this law firm is strikes it out on her own, but that doesn't in anyway stop the drama. Her husband Jefferson is a well fleshed out male character, her BFF Special, is just the girlfriend that everyone needs. The one who will always keep you grounded and laughing. The clients that Vernetta has represented come from all walks of life and I think these make great book club books or at least great books to talk over with your girlfriends with a glass (or two) of wine. There are 5 books in this series.




     The PC Peter Grants series is a new addition to my favorites shelf. Having stumbled upon this books watching Lianne over on LiteraryDiverson (you should check out her videos). She was doing a bookshelf tour and I saw them and it was a complete cover buy. I rented the first book from my library and by the time I was 1/2 way done with the book I was placing my order with Book Depository.
Source
     This series of books takes place in London where we find ourselves following Peter Grant who is just trying to get a position in the Metropolitan Police Services where he is doing some real cop work when he is sent instead to the paper pushing brigade. But one night while on duty Peter comes in contact with a ghost and his whole life on the police force has changed. Peter is now a wizard in training with Chief Inspector Nightingale as his senior to teach him the ways of the underground magical world of London. I can not tell you how funny these books are, Peter is so witty and smart, even if it is hard to keep focus, his becoming such a great go between of the magical world and the world that we know today. It's more than just HP for adults but if you are a fan of the wizarding world, I would suggest you take a look. There are 6 books so far to the series and an on going comic that goes along with it.

Continue reading for my favorite comic book series...


Comic book Series:

     And since I am no really good at explain what each of these are about without spoiling them, I have linked to their respected pages so you can get a more in-depth look at each of the ones I have listed below.  
source
     This series takes place in Buckaroo, Oregon, where sixteen serial killers were born and started their reigns of terror. Until one day when an obsessed FBI profiler comes to town to investigate goes missing. And his partner comes to town to find him and to find out what he was investigating. It goes waaaay deeper than you would expect. It's a horror comic and definitely not for kids. 

Story: Joshua Williamson
Art / Cover: Mike Henderson 
source
     Tony Chu is a FDA agent, and in a world where chicken is illegal, it's his job to crack down on the selling and consuming of chicken and other things. But Tony isn't just a regular cop, his a cibopath. And that means that whenever Tony eats anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, he can see everything that has happened to his food before it got to his plate. And you'll be amazed and maybe disgusted at what he has had to digest in the pursuit of justice. 
source

Story: John Layman
Art: Rob Guillory


     Josie may look like your normal 1960's house wife. Clean house, two perfect kids, a loving husband, and she even holds Tupperware parties, but Josie too, has a secret. She's an killer for hire!

Writers:Jamie S. Rich, Joëlle Jones
Artist: Joëlle Jones
Colorist:Laura Allred
Cover Artist: Joëlle Jones
source
     Saga, is a pretty popular comic series which follows two people (Alana and Marko) from two warring worlds (one from a planet and the other from its' moon) who happen to fall in love, have a child (Hazel) and are on the run for lives. All the while trying to stay together in the universe. This story is pretty unique as it is told from the child's POV. It is described as a space opera, and it does not disappoint.

Writer: Brian K. Vaughan
Art: Fiona Staples







   
     These series aren't in any particular order but they are all great and I highly suggest you look into these. Take advantage of your local libraries! Let me know 👇down below 👇 what your favorite series are, if we share similar tastes. If you have an comic series or manga series that you think I should look into let me know. 

PEACE ✌

Comments

Popular Posts