APRIL WRAP UP

 
source

    I don't know what came over me this month, but all I wanted to do was read Sookie Stackhouse. So that's what I did. All month, I read about her adventures. And I had realized that I had never actually finished this series. The last three books were a complete mystery to me and I was HAPPY to finally get my hands on the audiobooks from my library #supportyourlocallibraries. I have just on last book to read in the series and that is on my May TBR list. Might as well finish it out strong. While reading these books, I realized that pretty much after book one, they (HBO) did whatever they wanted to do with the TV series. I wished they had kept to the books, I think it would have made for a better turnout.

     Also this month, I had to finish A Clash of Kings (⭐⭐⭐⭐/5), which is the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin and was completely motivated to read the third book, A Storm of Swords (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5). Which only took me about a good 10 days to read, very proud of myself on that matter I can certainly say that A Storm of Swords is my favorite book in the series so far. That ending was crazy, the whole book was crazy, and I loved it. The next book, A Feast of Crows is also on my May TBR list (post coming soon). I realize that I want to read all the books that are out in this series before the next season of the show comes on in July. Now will Mr. Martin have the next book out in July as well? Probably not, but now, I'm not sure if the book, The Winds of Winter will mirror the show of be on its on accord. My favorite character POVs are: Jon, Jamie, Brienne, Tyrion and Dany. I think if you like the show, I HIGHLY suggest you check out this high fantasy series.

     This month I took it upon myself to read another Octavia E. Butler book. Having read Kindred (check out my review here) a couple of months ago I wanted to read another one of her books, and Fledgling was calling to me. Fledgling is another Vampire tale but it is different than what you would expect, Shori is a young vampire (a 53 year old vamp) who's entire family is killed and she has lost her memory. But I think it's the appearance of Shori is what off sets not only readers but other vampires in the book. It was a really good story. I had read that this books was an influence to Mrs. Harris while she was writing her Sookie Stackhouse books, I can see it and I'm really happy that I can make that connection.
   
     Allegedly (⭐⭐⭐⭐/5) popped up on my reading radar this month because the audiobook became available from my library #supportyourlocallibraries (review here) And I was stunned. I didn't know much about the book besides it being about a young girl who was convicted of killing a baby and her trying to figure out the truth, it was waaaaay more than that, and it made me mad. Like I'm still a little pissed that this book because of the emotions it made me feel while reading it.

     The last book I want to talk about is a book I brought from my daughters Scholastic Book Sale she had at her school (I got books for her too don't worry, but when I saw this book, I just had to get it.) It's called Love is by Diane Adams (review here). It's a children's picture book, but it was so freaking cute and I brought a copy for my bestie who is having her first baby pretty soon.

Love is nudging, gently tugging
coaxing baby from the nest.
It's getting to the edge and hoping,
letting nature do the rest.
Love is missing, reminiscing,
wishing things could stay the same.
It's understanding even ducklings,
like the seasons, have to change. 

- Love is by Diane Adams



     Okay, that is all that I read for the month of April. Now it's on to my May TBR. Let me know down below what you have read in the month of April, let me know if you're a fan of Game of Thrones, lets chat about these characters and how unsafe they are in the hands of their creator. lol Latas

PEACE ✌

     P.S. I totally forgot to add that I also read three J.D. Robb books on my kindle in the In Death series. I read Naked in Death(⭐⭐⭐⭐/5), Glory in Death(⭐⭐⭐⭐/5) and Immortal in Death (⭐⭐⭐.5/5. It's a police procedural series following Lt. Eve Dallas in the year of 2059, think Blade Runner with it's futuristic advancements and sounds and The Woman's Murder Club mixed together.

Comments

Popular Posts