Mid Year Review and Goals Update

     I realize after looking at some Youtube videos these past couple of mornings that 1/2 the year is already gone, or close to it, and I should probably go back and check over my goals for 2017 and see what I have read and what I might need to work on more for the next 1/2 of the year. So first lets see what goals I had set for myself, reading wise and where I stand with them:
  • Read 5 nonfiction books (not my go to genre, but I have a few in mind)
I have not started one NonFiction book BUT, I'm really just waiting for #NonfictionNovember to get the done.
  • Read one Bernice McFadden book a month (last year I read four of her books and she quickly became of of my of favorite new authors.)
Yeaaaaa, haven't read one of her books yet this year. Need to work on this one.
  • Read 5 big books (and I mean books over 400 pages)✔ 
Yes, I have completed this one I have read 6 books over 400 pages.
  • I want to finish a series or two (or as many as I can)
I am completing this one right now. Since I've started some series last year, I'm trying to get through all of those before picking up anymore.
  • Read more Science Fiction (by POC)✔ -->Yes and growing.
  • Read more Fantasy (by POC)✔ -->Yes and growing 
  • Keep up with my Comics and Manga
I will be doing this for my comics, got to find a month of my manga.
  • Read at least two English Classics
Nope, but I have the one that I want to read.
Yes, I'm on the last book published, A Dance with Dragons right now. Then I'm all caught up.
On book 9 of 14, so I'm pretty sure this one will be done before summer ends.
  • Take part in some read-a-thons (#ReadSoulLit ✔, #MarchMysteryMadness ✔, etc.)
Yes, I have done three so far and I know of some more that will take place later this year.  
success! 
     Overall, I know where I'm lacking, but YAY for my success. So far I have read about 58 books and according to Goodreads I'm about 14 books ahead of schedule. So far so good on my book goals. I think my main goal, which I didn't even list was to enjoy what I'm reading and I can say that I am definitely doing that. I'm also happy to be getting to books that have been on my shelves for a while too.

     How are you doing on the reading goals that you have set for the year? Did you see that new Black Panther teaser trailer? #blackpanthersolit 



PEACE ✌

Comments

Popular Posts