JULY TBR

source
     This month I have one main goal and that is to finish the Easy Rawlins Mysteries by Walter Mosley. I have only two books left, and they are Rose Gold (#currentlyreading) and the newly released 2016 book, Charcoal Joe.  I'm sad to be finishing this series, but I'm happy to say it's still one of my favorite series by Walter Mosley. And I already have plans on reading his Leonid McGill Series, which consists of only 5 books after this one is done. 

     Blood Colony by Tananarive Due is the third book in her African Immortals series that I had started last year. And I need to finish up this series, so I have also placed My Soul to Take, which is the fourth and final book in the series on my TBR for the month.

Sidenote: I am going to have to see how many series I have finished vs. those started this year, because I feel like I'm on a roll with this.


     I will also be reading (#currentlyreading) Imago, the third and final book in the Xenogenesis series by Octavia E. Butler. The only reason why I hadn't finished this series last month was because I was waiting on my next audible credit to come through. I love listening to these on audio, and they also help with the pronouncing of the names, cause without it, I'd be lost. 
Source
     Since I had read Matilda by Roald Dahl last month, I thought about reading another one of his children classics. Since my library had this one available on Overdrive I'm excited to say that I'll be reading The Witches. I remember watching the movie as a kid and being lightweight scared of it. So this one I plan to read at night to get the full effect.

     The Name of the Wind has been in the back of my mind for a while now and I think I am ready to read it. I know people have been gushing about this book what feels like forever. So yeah. I'm really hyped because now I'll be reading this book with Frankie at FrankieReads and Monica at ReadsMonica. This will be my first buddy-read and it's making reading this book all the more enjoyable.

     I first saw Waiting to Exhale right when it came out on VHS back in 1996! And since I came of age, my Mom has always sung it praise. She had read the book before the movie and has always been a big fan of it. Always telling me about how Gloria's part is bigger in the books. I love the movie, always will be a go to empowering movie. I brought the book back in April I have been meaning to one, tackle a Terry McMillan book and two maybe do a book to movie comparison. *shrug* #shegetsitfromhermama.


     My last book, which I want to read, but not really sure if I'll be able to get to it or not is The Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorafor. Here is the synopsis from Goodreads:
In West Africa in 2070, after fifteen-year-old "shadow speaker" Ejii witnesses her father's beheading, she embarks on a dangerous journey across the Sahara to find Jaa, her father's killer, and upon finding her, she also discovers a greater purpose to her life and to the mystical powers she possesses.
This sounds like something right up my alley. If I get to it, I get to it. If not maybe it'll get pushed to next month.  

     What are you getting into this month, anything good? If you have read any of these book I'd like to hear about them, also tell me what books you are looking forward to reading this month. That's it for me.


PEACE ✌

     



Comments

  1. I reread or should I say did the audiobook of Waiting to Exhale because I had just read I Almost Forgot About You and wanted to compare old Terry writing to new. My July goal is to finish The Book of Harlan by Bernice McFadden, The Queen of the South by Arturo Perez-Reverte, The Perfect Stranger by Miranda Megan, & Distress Signals. There are mote, but that is enough for now. I will check out Name of the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to find the unabridged version of Waiting to Exhale, but it's hard to find. SMH Oh I hope you enjoy The Book of Harlan, I thought it was a great read. I really liked the history that she presented. Sounds like you are reading some good books. Happy Reading!

      Delete
  2. I have the old print copy too, but knew it would be faster for me to finish on my daily walks and workouts. Let me know when you read it. I can always listen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean of Waiting to Exhale? Sure I'll let you know.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Waiting to Exhale.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts