SEPTEMBER TBR

     Since last month wasn't a total bust, lets get into these books that I have set up for September, the start of my favorite two seasons fall and winter. I believe I have a good mix of books here and I'm happy to share here what I'm hoping to read. There's a ton of books that I have picked out just so I can give myself some flex, but there are four books that some recent releases that I really want to get to this month. I even passed on my BOTM club subscription just so I can make sure to get to most if not all of these wonderful books read. Lets get it. I'll start with the books that I actually have in my possession.    
    The first book on my TBR (using that phrase loosely) is Orange🔸the complete collection vol. 2 is the second and final Orange manga by Ichigo Takano. I love reading a manga or a comic in between reads it helps give my mind a break while still giving me the feels for these characters and the story itself.
     I'm kind of tossing up two books my Ms. Octavia E. Butler to read this month, I have Wild Seed and Parable of the Sower  to choose from. I have started them both but not sure which to continue first. It's kinda hard but I think I just need to sit my ass down somewhere and see, but the way I'm feeling now, Wild Seed  is winning out.
     When I was innocently in the library, just trying to turn in some my daughters books I happened to stroll pass the audiobook section (which is on the other side of the library, I'm not sure how I managed to get there lol) and I found two audiobooks of books that I already had and wanted to get to. Finding Amos by J.D. Mason, ReShonda Tate Billingsley, and Bernice McFadden, I believe this is short story collections about a man named Amos and the lives he has touched. Honestly I'm not sure. I also got Dark Dreams which is a collection of horror and suspense stories told by black writers, some of which include Zane, Tananarive Due, Steven Barnes and more. This one I'm really excited to get to, secretly I want it to be just as good as Creepin', which is another a short story collection of horror and suspense.
  Two other library books that I have picked up (on a totally different trip) to the library were The Changeling by Victor LaValle and The Prey of Gods and Nicky Drayden. I have heard nothing but good things about Victor LaValle's books since it has come out but I'm slightly hesitant only because I didn't care for his short story The Ballad of Black Tom but I like how this book sounds. Nicky Draydens newest book The Prey of Gods  has one of the most visually haunting covers that I have seen and once again, I've heard nothing but good things from my Goodreads friends.
   Last but certainly not least is Who Fears Death book 1 by Nnedi Okorafor. I had read and loved Book of the Phoenix last month so I just have to go ahead and finish this one out strong. I want to get this book off my TBR shelf before her new book Akata Warrior comes out in October.
    Listed below are my pre-ordered books that I have on the way and I'm PUMPED to read!!! *internal scream*
     The Talented Ribkins by Ladee Hubbard isn't a pre-order but it should be in my hands tomorrow and it sounds like something right up my alley. A black family with odd super powers And the main character Johnny owes money to his Mob boss? I'm interested.
     Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke comes out the 12th of September as does Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel Jose Older, which is the second book in the Shadowshaper series. Might have to reread the 1st book and the two novellas that go before this book just because. *Kanye shrug*
     The last book that I have coming in on the 26th of September and it's Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and his son Owen King. I've never read an Owen King book but the premise behind this book sounds different and I'm all ears. 
    Let me know what books you are interested in that are coming out in September or books that you plan on reading in the month of September. And if you want to do a buddy read of sorts hit me up. Let me know down below and I'll hit you up. Also if I didn't thank you for visiting before, thanks for visiting.

PEACE ✌


And now some music...

Comments

Popular Posts