🌸🌼APRIL TBR🌻🌺

     This month's TBR is crazy ambitious and I have some heavy hitters on my list that I've been dying to get to. This is probably the biggest TBR list that I have ever created for myself. And since this is going up a little late, I can at least inform you that I have finished one book and I am in already starting on my second book of the month. I'm trying to spread all my books around, but also the fact that four of these books are from the library those are taking priority over my own books. I'm pretty excited to get started on these books. I think I might find some more favorites and most likely more than 2 five star books, that my prediction. Let us get to it.
⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄⚅


     Parable Of The Talents by Octavia E. Butler, I've talked about this book before. It's the second book in Butler's Earthseed series and I just need to know what happened to Lauren Olamina and the rest of the Earthseed community. You can check out my review of Parable of the Sower here. I read that book in one day, in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.

     Beneath The Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire is the third book in the Wayward Children series. Down Among the Sticks and Bones is book 2 and you can check out my review here. BTSS takes place back at the school and when an unexpected visitor falls from the sky and enlists the help of the school. The children are set on this adventure to help one of their own. I will say that you should read the first book, Every Heart a Door Way, a review can be found here before you read this one, OR YOU WILL BE SPOILED!

Love, Sugar, Magic is a debut novel by Anna Meriano. It has been on my radar for a while now and I was in a middle-grade mood when I picked this one up at my local library. It's about a young girl name Leonora who lives with her family as they run this bakery in Texas. But one night before the annual Dia de Los Muertos festival Leonora find out that her mother and her aunts are witches! I mean come on! That alone sounds fabulous and as a young girl, I always wished that one day my mother and aunts would tell me some crazy family secret. So I can only imagine with the combination of baked goods and witchcraft all the cool things Leonora will get to be a part of.

     Sky Full of Stars by Linda Williams Jackson is the second book in the Rose Carter series. Book one, Midnight Without a Moon (review here) was read back in February and it was such a fun book and I can't wait to see what kind of historical influences/ historical main event is going to be the bases of this and what Rose and Hallelujah will get themselves into.

     Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan is the Mocha Girl Reads book of the month. I'm actually currently reading this now and it's funny. It's about a couple Rachel and Nick, professors at NYU and Nick has asked Rachel to come and stay with him in Singapore and attend his best friends wedding during their summer vacation. What can go wrong? Travel, meet the family, eat some food, find out that your boyfriend is from one of the richest families in Singapore! This is just in the beginning. I like this so far, it's a nice light read. 

     The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine is a psychological suspense/mystery novel that came out last year I believe it was EVERYWHERE, but then it disappeared. I believe even Reese Weatherspoon was reading this book for her book club. It's about a woman named Amber who seems so fed up with her boring life decides to turn it on its head by befriending Daphne Parrish, a socialite who seems to take her good fortune for granted. From what I gathered from the book flap, it looks like Amber is going to scam her way into Daphne's life and try and destroy it.

     Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. It's the first book in the Mistborn series, it would have been the first book that I would have read by him, but the month has hardly started and I'm already calling this one a no-go. I have a couple of more weeks with it and I'll try to start this one again, but it's not looking too good for it. Maybe I can be persuaded to read it, but as of right now, no.

     Sister Mine by Nalo Hopkinson. I read Midnight Robber and Brown Girl in the Ring by Ms. Hopkinson and ABSOLUTELY loved them and Sister Mine is the next book of hers that I have to read and I'm excited. I don't believe it's as sci-fi as the previous ones but who knows? It's about these conjoined twins, daughters of a celestial demigod and a mortal woman and about the magic that one has and the other does not. This sounds soooo good. And I have no doubts that I will be sucked into this book just I did her other two books.

     City Of Saviors by Rachel Howzell Hall is the fourth book in the Detective Elouise Norton series. I am loving this series, I read books 2 and 3 last month back to back! You have no idea how much will power it has taken me to not just read the fourth book, but it saddens me because the fifth book doesn't come out until January of next year! But this one is about a murder that takes place during Labor Day weekend. Honestly, that is all I need to know. Ms. Hall writes great characters and I always feel like I'm one of Lou's friends along for the ride.

     The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton is I believe another debut novel about a woman named Evelyn Hardcastle who is attending a party and gets killed, 7 times no less and everytime she gets killed she comes back and with every come back she gets another chance to figure out who killed her before they can do it again. I thought the premise of this sounds so cool.

     Children Of Blood And Bone by Tomi Adeyemi is probably one of the biggest YA fantasies to hit the market in AGES. It's a story about a girl named Zélie who is part of a tribe in Lagos that has had its magic taken away. Until one day an artifact is found and with the help of a runaway princess, Zélie has a chance to save her people and change the world. I love fantasy novels set in Africa. I bought the beautiful Barnes and Noble special edition that comes with a poster and an annotated chapter by the author herself in the back.
     Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel is the second book in The Themis Files, I read the first book last month as a re-read and this will be a re-read as well. The third and final book in the series comes out next month and I'm DYING to find out his series ends.

That's it for me, folks like I said this is a crazy long TBR, but let me know what you'll be reading this month or if you have read any of the books I've mentioned above, no spoilers, I'd love to chat about them. And don't forget to look me up on Instagram or Twitter where I'm usually putting up updates on my reading. Until next time.

PEACE✌

Comments

  1. Impressive list! I can't wait to read what you think about them, especially Children of Blood and Bone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts